Fishing Leaderboard Results 2011: Week 20
I would like to congratulate you all on some outstanding fishing work last week! Our #1 place on the leaderboard has been reclaimed. We’re really getting back into the swing of things after the downtime. Now we’re back up to Four travel points!
We were very fortunate during the last week. Thanks to Hurst and Iv’va’s record fish, we were still able to access most of our travel points and were not greatly inconvenienced by the loss of one. Other guilds and cities were not so lucky! /hi5 Hurst & Iv’va 🙂
NEW: SYNTHETIC BAIT
I wanted to bring to your attention the recent changes to fishing. Among other updates such as increased chance to catch elusive fish after a certain amount of time, there is a new addition to domestic traders’ schematics: Synthetic Bait!
Some of the benefits of Synth bait (taken from patch notes):
– On average, synthetic bait will last 50 times longer than natural bait.
– Due to its durability, synthetic bait cannot be lost from “A strong nibble leaves you without a baited line…” or “Something just tore the bait right off the end of your line…”
– Due to its durability, if the catch manages to get away (“Your line falls limp… whatever you had caught… it got away…”), the synthetic bait still remains on the hook.
– Fish swarm to the alluring and powerful scent of synthetic bait, which increases the chance of catching real fish (instead of junk loot and collection fish). The bonus is highest when the synthetic bait is in Good condition, less bonus when it is Worn, and least bonus when it is Shredded.
This is great news. I for one will be very glad to catch less collection fish!
To help us get a good headstart, I have made some small stacks of Synthetic Bait, but due to it being quite resource intensive (each stack requires 250 chum bait and 5 units of fish from every planet), I was only able to make very few stacks before running out.
I have set up a pack in the Lianorm Storage (attached wp) called “Bait & Tackle Exchange” located at the bottom of the stairs. If you don’t yet have access to the storage, please contact myself, -Wolf or Bialar + alts.
I will be keeping this pack stocked with synthetic bait as much as possible, free of charge. However, in return I ask the following:
1. Please take ONLY what you need: one per character! Synth bait lasts a while even though there are only 5 uses per stack.
2. Help me replenish the stock by dropping off your unwanted fish meat and chum bait in the pack. Alternatively you can offer your meat/bait to a Synergy vendor in the Lianorm Mall (see city waypoints /cityw).
Thank you everyone. Enjoy the new bait and good luck with the fishing this week. 🙂
> City Lianorm has won the fishing leaderboard for the weekly period ending Thu May 19 12:00:00 2011 PDT.
> 1. Lianorm, 19.74672m
> 2. ‘Storm Haven’, 19.099109m
> 3. New ReD City, 15.762774m